Happy 29th birthday, I know you already enjoyed the other gifts but here is my final gift; 29 reasons why I love you!
I love you because
- You are so patient and humble
- Your passion for serving and equipping people in inspiring
- Our daughter loves you. I see the excitement in Sophie’s eyes when she sees you or hears your voice.
- You are the most servant hearted person I have ever met
- You make me a better and more stable me
- You make this new journey of parenthood so much fun and so easy
- I never heard you say: ‘I can’t build that for you. It is too difficult’. You always make a plan.
- Your loyalty is inspiring
- You stop me when I need to me stopped and encourage me when I need to go
- You look amazing in your suit
- You look equally amazing in the most baggy work clothes, or in your dirty soccer kit
- I can cook anything and you will eat it, even pretending that it is nice (well, maybe apart from that bean salad I made)
- You are so diligent in maintaining everything we own
- your hair is the best!
- You never complain about my unwillingness to iron
- You are so patient when I make mistakes
- You let Sophie and me fly to Holland for almost two weeks
- You always take out the trash and the bin on bin-day
- You are wise with money
- You were the most amazing support while I was in labour and gave birth
- Your silly jokes make me giggle like a little girl
- You do the dishes even when my cooking makes the kitchen seem like a bomb exploded
- Your faithfulness in reading the bible and praying for our little family
- I love the way you translate the Dutch songs I sing for Sophie into German
- Your eagerness to learn new things
- Your pride when you carry Sophie in the wrap
- The way you comfort me when I am worried.
- You make the best breakfasts
- You are my best friend, and will always be!
ps; sorry that we have chosen your birthday to fly away for 2 weeks :-(