Last year's big birthday is still fresh in my mind and I can hardly believe that a year has passed since then, but today you are 31. So here are 31 reasons why I love you.
I love you because:
- your looks... I mean, look at you! That smile, those curls...
- Nobody else annoys me as little as you do
- You are my best friend
- You are learning to become a great photographer.
- You make sure that I get time alone away from the girls and encourage me to take that time.
- your character is so consistent and that is exactly what my temperamental character needs.
- You lead us well.
- Nobody makes Doris smile the way you do.
- God and his plan for you and us takes priority over everything.
- you show a genuine interest in the people you meet.
- You challenge me to become the best I can be.
- You are always willing to help people and go the extra mile.
- you can make things out of nothing. Look at all our furniture, the toys for the girls, the plant boxes around our house... you are amazing!
- you do most of our dishes
- you worked so hard on your registration!
- you support me no matter what!
- You still give me butterflies (especially when you wink.)
- You don't waste money on useless gadgets.
- The girls absolutely adore you, you are their biggest hero!
- You really want to make the world a better place. Not only for us but for everybody.
- You do everything you can to make sure that we are safe and taken care of.
- you are generous with your time, your money, your gifts.
- You remember names, faces and stories. (and gently remind me when I forgot)
- You make our marriage a priority
- you take out the garbage bin.
- You make me feel special, important and listened to.
- Nobody can comfort Sophie the way you can.
- You are the best human jungle gym for the girls
- your hobbies are hobbies we all benefit from (building!)
- you change nappies!
- You are my favourite person to be with
I married well because even though I add one more reason every year it gets easier to make this list because I discover more things that I love you.
Sophie asked what I was doing while I was typing this. Se says she also loves you and this is why:
- Omdat pappa naar arbeit gaat en heel hard werkt.
- Omdat pappa goed kan 'kjuffejen'.
- Omdat pappa met mij goed kan plantjes maken in de tuin.
- Omdat pappa mij goed in de lucht kan gooien.
- Omdat ik altijd pappa alles laat zien wat ik gekjutseld heb.
- Omdat pappa jarig is.
We love you so much!