35 reasons why I love you...


Dear Hartmut,

Here is a special letter to you on your birthday. In a public space because everybody should know what an amazing man you are.  I hope you know how much the girls and I love you and look up to you.

Here are 35 things that make you amazing and irreplaceable. 

  1. You bring structure to my chaos.
  2. you give everybody a chance. (And a second chance when needed.)
  3. Your smile lights up my life.
  4. you encourage me to be the best version of myself.
  5. you are the most loyal and committed person that I know.
  6. You work hard so that I can be home with the girls.
  7. You dance so well that dancing with you make me feel that I am good to. 
  8. You see the details that I care about.
  9. You are great at creating magic from nothing.
  10. God comes first for you and you always help me to do the same.
  11. Even when you had a hard day at work, you still help me where you can.
  12. Your calming words and sense of humor take the edge of of my emotions.
  13. I couldn't wish for a better partner in parenting.
  14. You give the girls a hero
  15. You can fix (almost) everything and do it with love.
  16. You don't procrastinate.
  17. You give me space when I need it.
  18. Your voice notes all day long make me feel loved and seen.
  19. You make me feel safe.
  20. You stay calm when I don't.
  21. You make the best breakfasts
  22. Your eye for detail is what my 'big picture brain' needs.
  23. You like good food as much as I do.
  24. You let me indulge in my crazy dreams, but help me to keep them realistic at the same time.
  25. You are an excellent and very patient 'Let's check if my camera settings are right' model. 
  26. You usually understand me before I understand myself
  27. You are very appreciative to everyone around you
  28. your smile is the best!
  29. I can't imagine working so well together with anyone but you
  30. You eat everything I cook without complaining
  31. All the memories we have together. And all the dreams to make more...
  32. You know how to forgive
  33. When you are there, I feel taken care of.
  34. You have a kind heart
  35. You age so well ;-)

I pray for more years together, because this list is only the beginning....